3D & Animation Designer (Interactive, dynamic product design)
The primary role of the 3d & Animation Designer is to assist with innovative, on brand, industry leading 3d designs and animations that offer digital experiences across all channels. The ideal candidate will be able to take product from concept, to development, to 3d design and animation and assists product, marketing and e-commerce teams with on brand presentation and communication. We are an industry leading brand within the water sports space. As equally as innovative as our products are, our product designs and communication standards create an experience and set the benchmark for the market. 3d & Animation Designer will come on board and continue to accelerate our exciting growth within this space.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities
- Create product specifications in 3d static and dynamic format, including sketches, designs and artwork renderings. Bring designs to life from scratch to finish, assist product designer, industrial designer and engineer and take their work from product development to product experience.
- Be well-versed 3D Character Animator to rig and animate mobile & desktop ready product and accessories that can be used to build digital experiences for our audiences
- Work closely with the VP of Marketing, the product and content marketing teams to ensure product and communication designs align with broader company direction and goals.
- Assist marketing team in development of promotional materials.
- Understand the strategy and objectives of all product design initiatives and provide substantive feedback to the team on all deliverables.
- Research innovative opportunities for new ways to present and animate product.
- Be an integral primary point of contact in interacting with internal resources to understand their needs and keep them informed on project deliverables and progress.
- Coordinate with various teams internally and externally to ensure that regular and ad-hoc support requests are successfully launched.
- Manage the team’s work assets such as documents, SOP’s, reports, presentations, meeting notes, product manuals, and other assets.
- Research, implement, and maintain practices that help support the organization.
- Collaborate with engineering, sales, and operations to create and validate solutions to customer problems.
- Contribute within the go-to-market GTM strategy and process via the Product Lifecycle Calendar.
Education & Experience Required
- 3+ years of experience as 3D Animator
- Strong understanding of animation & design principles
- Expert knowledge of Autodesk 3Ds Max
- A portfolio that reflects skills in 3D animation
- Excellent aesthetic taste with the ability to produce 3D animations that are both visually appealing and engaging
- Experience with Fusion 360, After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Cinema 4D or equivalent
- Ability to work with particles and effects and know the basics of rendering and visualization
- Understanding of end-to-end highly functional, competitive design process in an e-commerce environment. Experience in the games industry is a plus
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment with high degree of accountability
- Ability to be a hands on team player who collaborates and supports the marketing department in all design projects
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and multitask
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Previous experience identifying market opportunities and determining feasibility